Lotus Network is searching for a Philanthropy Director to join our team!
Job Description: Philanthropy Director
Lotus Network, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to join our team as a Philanthropy Director. In this role, you will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with our valued donors. Your primary focus will be to engage, steward, and inspire donors to support our organization’s mission and goals.
$5000 – $5800 per month – Remote – Mileage Reimbursement
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and retain donors, ensuring a positive donor experience throughout their journey with our organization
- Build and maintain strong relationships with donors, understanding their interests, motivations, and philanthropic goals
- Communicate with donors through various channels, including in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, and personalized letters
- Collaborate with the volunteer fundraising team and Lotus Network leaders to create compelling fundraising campaigns and initiatives that resonate with donors
- Conduct research to identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to engage them in our mission
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on donor engagement activities, including tracking donor interactions and progress toward fundraising goals
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices in donor engagement and fundraising
- Lead grant process with identification, writing, and management of grant proposals
- Establish a positive connection with our board members to educate, facilitate, and build donor relations
- Attend weekly check-in meetings and monthly board meetings
- Verify accurate records of the organization’s finances, run monthly gift/income reports, and work routinely with the bookkeeper and board treasurer
- Acquire sponsorships for 2 to 3 fundraisers per year. This includes a biennial golf tournament, a biennial brunch (up to 1,000 attendees), and 2-3 smaller events each year
- Manage, track, and build the Friends of Lotus Network donor program
- Draft an annual operating budget
- Pull information, numbers, and financial reports as needed for Annual Reports. Lead annual report process from design, data collection, and identify donor segments to receive
- Prepare, review, and send year-end tax letters
- Lead Colorado Gives Day initiative
- Create an annual fundraising plan to include donor-giving campaigns, event sponsorships, marketing, social media, Colorado Gives Day, event timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in donor relations, fundraising, or a related field for 10+ years
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish strong relationships with donors
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative and strategic thinking, with the ability to develop innovative approaches to donor engagement
- Proficiency in using donor management software (we currently use Little Green Light), Google Workspace, and other relevant software tools
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and best practices including donation acknowledgment letters, donor-advised funds, and IRS requirements for charitable gift reporting
- Commitment to practice Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion standards in the workplace, with donors, and in the community
- Passion for our organization’s mission and a genuine interest in engaging donors in our work
Monthly hours will range from 100 to 150 based on the seasonal event calendar.
We offer a competitive salary along with a supportive and collaborative work environment. If you are a motivated individual who is passionate about donor engagement and making a difference for women, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume, references, and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not encompass all tasks or responsibilities that may be assigned.